Topic: Enclosed Space Entry.
Goals: To create an awareness among cadet about working in enclosed space and risk & hazards associated with it .
Core Team: Faculty Incharge, HSE Instructor, HSE Committee members, senior cadet captain, Group Leader each team.
Participants: All cadets.
- E – Safety posters
- List of enclosed space area.
- Enclosed space permit.
- Announcement in the muster about launching the campaign.
- Videos related to enclosed space entry and hazard associated.
- E- Posters related to Enclosed space will be displayed continuously on the display screen.
- Write the safety precaution and procedure for the given topic.
- Poster competition (to be divided between good and bad practice)
- Quiz competition related to Enclosed space .
- Best group award of the campaign.
- As a first step towards the campaign, a meeting of the core team will be held in which they will be briefed about the plan and the various events organized during the week.
- An announcement will be made in the muster on Saturday stating the division, which will participate in the campaign from Monday on-wards, including relevant topics. (Each division will have a campaign for a week, thus making it a 1 month program for 3 divisions).
- The participating division will then be divided into 10 groups, 4 members each.
- EVENT 1 : Based on the topic for the week, videos will be shown so that the cadets get a fair idea about the topic in an audio-visual format.
- EVENT 2: E-Poster will be shown on the digital screen in academic block to create a general awareness about risks of enclosed space work and its frequency of hazard on board ship.
- EVENT 3: a. Each group will be given topics related to a task (Enclosed Space) and each group has to write safety precaution as well procedure to do the given job.
- EVENT 3 b. : Each group has to fill the enclosed space permit and will be provided knowledge about how to fill it properly task for the given .
- EVENT 4 : A poster making competition (each poster divided among good practices and bad practices) will be held to encourage the cadets to think creatively about the topic and come up with a good understanding regarding it.
- EVENT 5 : A quiz competition based on the theme will be held where each group will nominate one cadet for the quiz.
- An external speaker will be called (occasionally) to speak about the topic and give the cadets a good insight about it.
- Finally, based on the performance in various activities throughout the week “best group” award will be given away!!