Topic: Importance of PPE
Goals: To create awareness among the cadets about the importance of wearing the right PPE for designated task and how to mitigate, minimize the injuries at the workplace.
Core Team: Faculty Incharge, HSE Instructor, HSE Committee members, senior cadet captain, Group Leader each team.
Participants: All cadets.
- Videotel / Karco videos
- Identifying PPE for designated jobplace
- Case Studies
- Poster competition
- Announcement in the muster about launching the campaign.
- Videotel / Karco videos.
- Safety posters related to importance of PPE also to display on each notice board.
- To identify the right PPE for designated job place in the campus.
- Poster competition(to be divided among good practice and bad practice)
- Case studies of injuries related to negligence of not wearing PPE.
- Quiz competition related to importance of PPE.
- Best group award of the campaign.
- As a first step towards the campaign, a meeting of the core team will be held in which they will be briefed about the plan and the various activities.
- An announcement will be made in the muster on Saturday stating which division will be having their campaign from Monday on-wards, along with relevant topics. (Each division will have a campaign for a week, thus making it a 2 month program for 8 divisions).
- Each division will then be divided into 10 groups of 4 each.
- Based on the topic for the week, videotel movies will be shown so that the will get a fair idea about the topic in an audio-visual format.
- A checklist for PPE has been provided to the each group, while working with the different places in the campus, they have to do the visual check for respective topics.
- Each group must read at least one case study of injury related to “not wearing proper PPE” and write summary of the case study.
- E – poster competition (each poster divided among good practices and bad practices) will be held to encourage the cadets to think creatively about the topic and come up with a good understanding regarding it.
- A quiz competition based on the theme will be held where each group will nominate one candidate for the quiz.
- An external speaker will be called (occasionally) to speak about the topic and give the cadets a good insight about it.
- Finally, based on the performance in various activities throughout the week “best group” award will be given away!!